KENYA SEES VICTORY OVER TERRORISTS

Insight Magazine September 25, 2013 0

Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 9.50.30 AMThe terror of the mall attack in Kenya has come to its end. The President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta, has declared victory of the terrorists responsible for the great loss of life at the Nairobi shopping mall. Kenyatta says that his defense forces “ashamed and defeated” the attackers. Kenyatta described the terrorists as “craven wretches and lowly cowards.” He is now launching an investigation to confirm the identities and nationalities of the victims and the attackers. The President also said that officials were trying to confirm reports that the attackers included a British woman and tw or three Americans.

The attack on the mall this past weekend was conducted by armed members of al-Shabab, an Islamist terror organization linked to al-Qaeda. In the final hours of fighting, three of the mall’s floors collapsed. Ultimately, the attack injured 240 people, and killed 72 so far, though the death toll is expected to rise. The FBI is preparing to deploy a full team to Nairobi to investigate the attack, officials told ABC News. Agents are coming from a variety of places but the case is being led by the New York field office, which handles crimes against Americans that occur in Africa.

President Kenyatta has declared three days of national mourning.

Facebook IconTwitter Icon